The Hearst Lodge, with four bedrooms plus two adjacent cabins, was built as a fishing lodge on a dramatic site above salmon spawning pools on the Big Salmon River by newspaper magnate J. Randolph Hearst.
The Hearst Lodge, about 2.8 kilometres from the Interpretive Centre, is accessible on a one-hour hike, via a scenic footpath along the river. A second suspension bridge is being planned to enhance the day adventure programs at the Hearst Lodge.
Hearst Lodge Day Adventure
We offer a four-hour guided, interpretive hike from Big Salmon River Suspension Bridge to the Hearst Lodge. Guide will walk at your pace. Flora and fauna abound in this wilderness setting.
View the Hearst Lodge Day Adventure page
Hearst Lodge One Night Accommodation
- Experience a relaxing day in a unique wilderness experience, living like millionaire American newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst and friends did over 50 years ago, enjoying 'dream' meals that fuel your self-guided hikes among the fascinating flora and fauna. You refresh with a swim in a salmon pool and enjoy a fireside chat with your hosts, learning how salmon stocks are being restored. Our one night accommodation includes a full breakfast and homestyle dinner. (Based on double occupancy) See our rates page. Available until September 30th. Come spend the day exploring on the Fundy Trail and check in at 3 pm. Check out time is 10 am.
- The Hearst Lodge availability consists of three bedrooms, Room #1 and Room #2 has a double bed and a twin bed, each with own private bath and Room #3 has a double bed and two twin beds with private bath. There are also two cabins, each with own private bath. Cabin #1 has a queen size bed, a double bed and a bunk. Cabin #2 has a double bed and a twin bed.
- Transportation is provided for overnight guests or if you decide to hike up the 2.8 km Hearst Lodge Footpath, we will transport your overnight bags and have them there waiting for you.
- A special rate of $109.00/pp (based on double occupancy). This price includes a homestyle dinner and full breakfast.
- 24 Hour Advance Reservation.
- You may cancel your reservation up to 24 hours prior to your arrival without penalty.
Watch a video of the Hearst Lodge
Dinner at the Hearst Lodge
- Dinner consists of your choice of Maple Glazed Salmon dinner or Chicken dinner (reservations required)
- Adults - $35.00 plus tax
- Children 12 & under - $17.50 plus tax
- Transportation provided
Lunch at the Hearst Lodge
- Enjoy a chef's choice homemade soup and sandwich with a light dessert
- Adults - $10.95
- Children 12 & under - $7.95
- Transportation provided